Posted by Editor on 12/1/05
Atlantic Cycling Centre 2006 Program
Courtesy Luc Arseneau
The Atlantic Cycling Centre has announced that 2006 Elite training program details are now available. This year the program has partnered with Giant Bicycles. For the last 4 years, this cycling program has been one of the most successful one in Canada.
All interested riders must submit applications before December 15th and the first training / evaluation camp will take place early January. Details of the program can be found in the following PDF: Atlantic_EliteProgram2006.pdf.
Team Giga-Bike Offers Free Espoir Program
Team Giga-Bike invites 30 cyclists from British Columbia under 23 years of age to join its Junior Espoir development program at no cost for the 2006 season.
As a direct result of 'A Day in Yellow', Team Giga-Bike will evenly spread its fundraising earnings amongst 30 cyclists from novice to espoir in the province. Team Giga-Bike has landed many great sponsorship deals for the 2006 season which have allowed us to introduce an entry level program that benefits young cyclists of all levels across the board and enhances the profile of cycling in the west.
"We are creating an entry point for cyclist under 23 years of age to begin racing and provide the teamwork and help required to have a successful start. The program is designed to get the young athlete to the next level whether they pursue further assistance through Pacific Sport or other private systems that exist. This program will directly help those who cannot afford to race and help those who are already racing", says Giga-Bike President, Calvin Straathof.
Cyclists of all levels who meet the requirement of being under 23 years of age are free to apply by visiting the team website at www.teamgigabike.com or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You are not required to have a coach to join Team Giga-Bike, although we endorse a handful of local coaching programs that can assist any athlete with the personal needs they may require.
2006 Team Giga-Bike membership includes:
* 1 Custom Team Giga-Bike Wind Jacket
* 1 Custom Team Giga-Bike Jersey
* 1 Custom Team Giga-Bike Bib Shorts
* 1 Cycling BC Race License and Insurance
* 1 Team Giga-Bike Travel Sports Bag
* 1 Set of Professional Photographs including Team Photo, Individual Image and Action Shot by Slam Photography
* Accelerade Protein Mix, Energy Gels, Recovery Drink mixes and Accelerade Bottles throughout the season.
* 1 Giga-Bike Training Software
* 1 Pair of Giga-Bike "The Sock Guy" socks
* 40% off retail Flyte SRS-2 Aluminum/Carbon frame with 2006 Shimano Ultegra 10-Speed group and wheels for $1158.00 USD.
* 25% off all service, parts and accessories at Pro City Cycles.
* Team Giga-Bike Conduct Guide
* Team Giga-Bike Race Director
* Team Giga-Bike Race Mechanic
* Organized team travel and accommodations for all BC Cup events and BC Super week.
* Organized weekly team group rides with supervised levels of A, B and C group riders based on experience levels.
Team Giga-Bike gives you the resources you need as a young athlete. If you need access to great equipment, sponsorship deals and coaching, being part of a team is going to make it easier on your cycling career.
Team Giga-Bike meets weekly for group rides giving development cyclists the opportunity to build base miles and improve their fitness level. Team Giga-Bike members hold monthly fundraisers for their Junior Espoir Development Fund. This Fund pays for the travel and equipment expenses split equally amongst development members to subsidize travel and expenses.
Team Giga-Bike meets monthly for team meetings and holds an annual team banquet and awards night for its members. Awards will be presented based on results and voting by team members and administrators. This is a fun way to close out the racing season with your teammates.
Team Giga-Bike is a Victoria based cycling team dedicated to the development of young athletes at the cadet, junior and espoir levels. Team Giga-Bike participates year round in Road, Track and Mountain Bike events in Victoria, BC and the Pacific Northwest.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|